Holt Memorial Fountain, Stafford Springs

Holt Memorial Fountain, Stafford SpringsStafford Springs honors business and political leader Charles Holt with a memorial fountain in a traffic near the intersection of Main Street (Route 190) and River Road (Route 32).

The granite fountain was dedicated in 1894 to honor Charles Holt, owner of the Phoenix Woolen Co. and president of the Stafford Savings Bank.

The fountain’s south side bears an inscription reading, “In Memory of Charles Holt,” and the north side lists the fountain’s dedication date.

Holt, a native of Willington, was superintendent of the Hydeville Manufacturing Co. mill and became its sole owner after it had become the Phoenix Woolen Co.

Holt Memorial Fountain, Stafford SpringsHolt, who died in 1892, also served in the Connecticut legislature in 1858.

The fountain was donated by Holt’s wife, Joanna, and his daughter Celia.

 

 

 

 

 

Holt Memorial Fountain, Stafford Springs

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Holt Memorial Fountain, Stafford Springs

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Holt Memorial Fountain, Stafford Springs

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *