The Centennial Monument, near the intersection of North Avenue (Route 1) and Brooklawn Avenue, stands at the southeast corner of the Clinton Park Militia Grounds.
The memorial bears a large centennial emblem featuring the City of Bridgeport seal, and the date of the city’s founding in 1836. The top of the monument features an engraved band depicting a school, factory and housing from then-modern Bridgeport.
The monument was dedicated in October of 1936 by longtime mayor Jasper McLevy.
In the northwest corner of the militia grounds, a 1901 memorial gate stands at the entrance of Stratfield Cemetery. Two granite markers on the gates list American Revolution veterans buried within the cemetery.